Co-creating a new urban experience that is wonderfully different and vibrant.
Located in the heart of Toronto’s arts and entertainment corridor, 2 Tecumseth is an incredible new community that attempts to embrace the complexities and contradictions that make neighbourhoods great. Its vision and design were inspired by the site’s unique history, the findings of a comprehensive community engagement process and an unwavering commitment to drive social and environmental impact through mixed-use real estate development. The project is one of the last major revitalization opportunities in the downtown core. The site represents a key intersection between Toronto’s ecological, urban and industrial history – its topography is defined by the now buried Garrison Creek, it currently houses a decommissioned abattoir and is directly adjacent to the historic Wellington Destructor, a century old garbage incinerator.
We plan to enthusiastically mix and optimize uses to create a wonderfully real place where people from many walks of life can live, work and play together. The lively and iconic destination will be a place where residents and visitors of all ages can co-create a new urban experience. As we proceed with the project, we will stick to the following guiding principles: prioritize nature and environmental sustainability; nurture a diverse and inclusive community; bolster creative industry.
Location: South Niagara Neighbourhood, Toronto, Canada
Status: LPAT approval in principle January 2020
Design and Rezoning Architect: KPMB
Executive Architect: Adamson Associates
Heritage Architect: ERA
Landscape Architect: Public Work
District Energy System: Creative Energy
Leasing Partner: CBRE
- Five-acre site whose dramatic topography echoes the now buried Garrison Creek
- Approximately 1,000,000 square feet of mixed-use development including for-sale condominiums, purpose-built rental, affordable housing, commercial, office, retail, light industrial, community and event spaces
- Five buildings, including two towers (one 22 and one 30 storeys), one mid-rise (seven stories) and two low-rise (both two storeys)
- Over 62,300 square feet of public realm improvements and new parks
- A four-metre-wide bike path along the site’s southern boundary
- Underground parking spaces for 861 bicycles and 1,332 vehicles
You can learn more about our plans through the City of Toronto’s Development Application Portal (search by address, 2 Tecumseth Street).